Type 2 Cautiously Optimistic

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A couple of weeks ago I had a meringue which had little affect on my blood sugars. I decided to repeat the experiment this afternoon with the same sort of meringue (31 carbs-mostly sugar!!!!) and got the following results:

Pre - 4.8
After 1 hr - 6.7
After 2 hrs - 5.4

I am finding that I am able to eat more carbs without too much effect and I was wondering whether I am being optimistic in thinking that my diabetes is reversed or in remission. Last August my hba1c was 36 but I'm not sure what it is currently because at my 6 month check they forgot to test it although a random blood test taken at 9.15 in the morning after a breakfast of bran flakes and almonds was 4.1. My FBS readings hover between 4.3 and 5.2 so they are not too bad either!

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had the similar results with meringue - but not that many carbs - half of a shell from Tesco crumbled on raspberries is about 7g carbs all in - it's the "normal" dessert I cope with best - that and a little bit of cheesecake as long as it's plain without fruity sauce etc and I don't eat the base - my theory is - (and I may be totally wrong) as the only carbs are very fast acting and I eat them as part of a planned meal my body copes ok

TC8669

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there, congratulations on your results! I've just signed on here and I'm really interested in chatting to people who have had dramatic results sugar levels. I'm currently on Metformin and recently lost quite a bit of weight which broughtmy levels down to approx 6.0. Would it be possible to chat to you about your strategy?