Type 1 Cell phone like vibration in feet

elie1102

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, my current hb1AC is 6.5. But i have a strange vibration feeling in my feet that appears and disappers randomly. Has anyone felt that? And should I see my doctor immediately? Is it the start of peripheral neuropathy? And how long before things get too complicated?

Reactions: FlowerT1

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Hi elie1102 not sure what's going on with vibration in your feet first sign I had with neuropathy was numbness in tips of my toes and pain in my calf muscles as diabetes does have certain affects on the body I would certainly make an appointment to see a doctor just to get it checked I'm sure others on the forum will know more about subject and can help you more please keep us up to date all the best.

elie1102

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi elie1102 not sure what's going on with vibration in your feet first sign I had with neuropathy was numbness in tips of my toes and pain in my calf muscles as diabetes does have certain affects on the body I would certainly make an appointment to see a doctor just to get it checked I'm sure others on the forum will know more about subject and can help you more please keep us up to date all the best.
Thank you Dairygrade! I'll check it with my doctor and keep you up to date.
If I may ask, is it easy to live with neuropathy, is it curable or treatable? and how long did you have it?

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Hi again elie1102 I have had my neuropathy for about 15yrs+but iv been diabetic for 43yrs so have got a number of health issues not all related to diabetes as far as I'm aware there is no cure for neuropathy just make sure you keep your eye on your feet for any numbness or soreness and make sure you go to all your diabetic check ups and certainly make an appointment to see your doctor and have a word please keep me informed all the best for now.ps may I ask how long you have had diabetes and what type 1or2 thanks.

elie1102

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi again elie1102 I have had my neuropathy for about 15yrs+but iv been diabetic for 43yrs so have got a number of health issues not all related to diabetes as far as I'm aware there is no cure for neuropathy just make sure you keep your eye on your feet for any numbness or soreness and make sure you go to all your diabetic check ups and certainly make an appointment to see your doctor and have a word please keep me informed all the best for now.ps may I ask how long you have had diabetes and what type 1or2 thanks.

Hello DairyGrade,

I've been type 1 diabetic since February 2011 and I am 32 years Old.

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi elie1102.
I've been type 1 for 16 years. I had exactly those symptoms. Just a mobile phone buzzing in your shoes. It might come and go every 10 to 15 seconds. That was about 2 years ago. I went to
the docs, they couldn't fine anything wrong. It lasted about a year then went as suddenly as it appeared.