Cellnovo Pump

Applenerd81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs
I start the Cell Novo pump next week, I appreciate this is a relatively old thread, however are there any hints or tips for a newbie?
Hi Leigh, good luck with your new Cellnovo! The is a Cellnovo users forum on Facebook which is worth joining for such "insider" tricks :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all
My name is John, I have been on a clinical trial of the Cellnovo patch pump since August 2013 and thought you might be interested in hearing about it,
I am now able to talk about the pump and have started to make a few Youtube videos (apologies but never made videos before but trying my best hehe).

I have uploaded one here
It is an overview of changing the set. I am going to be adding more videos over the coarse of the next few weeks showing more of the capabilities of the system. The system has some fantastic features. The food library is probably one of my favorite functions, and once I get a camera capable of close up video I will show the handset in more detail, think you will be impressed. The management software has really helped me and my DSN bring my BG under tighter control. In my upcoming videos regarding the handset and software I will be explaining how the software is much easier to understand to analyze your regime and trends than other pieces of software I have used in the past.

The kit comprises of two sections. You have the Insulin cartridge/pump which is attached to you. Then you have a handset which looks like a mobile phone, its very discrete and unless someone is looking over your shoulder they have no idea it is a medical device. The handset also has a blood meter inbuilt. Less to carry about !!!!!

I have been using insulin pumps since 2006 (Medtronic), and although I am not medically trained I do have , like many of you a lot of experience with pumping. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer.

Hello John

My Father has Diabetes Type 1 and he is suffering many complications with controlling his condition, I am doing my best to help him because he does not access to any Diabetes knowledge of Health team and the CellNovo system looks like a perfect for him. Where can I get one of these systems?

Thanks

Hollie

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hello John

My Father has Diabetes Type 1 and he is suffering many complications with controlling his condition, I am doing my best to help him because he does not access to any Diabetes knowledge of Health team and the CellNovo system looks like a perfect for him. Where can I get one of these systems?

Thanks

Hollie
You can not get any pump in the UK unless under a consultant and have his or her approval. Last time you posted you said your father was in an Indonesian prison with no access to test strips or insulin by the sounds of it. So you are on a none starter before you even begin.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You can not get any pump in the UK unless under a consultant and have his or her approval. Last time you posted you said your father was in an Indonesian prison with no access to test strips or insulin by the sounds of it. So you are on a none starter before you even begin.

Hi Thank you for responding.
Yes Dad is in an Indonesian Prison, we have Insulin purchased from a Charity in the UK, however the Potency of this Insulin is questionable due to his consistently high BG readings.
We are in the process of getting this improved and making sure the purchasing and transportation are OK and Correct and also the British Embassy have stated that they will now provide a Fridge for him to store the Insulin at the Correct temperatures.

In regards to BG testing, we have now managed to get a new device and supply of strips strictly for his use in his cell and we are able to now give advice according to the results, so this is good.

We still have not been able to get a Ketone test so we are locating these now in Indonesia and should be able to test this next week, so again more good news.

We are accessing Private GP services for Dad in the UK, so maybe they can help us more with obtaining and getting approval for this Device system.

Never say never CarbsRok and we must never give up, if there is Technology out there that can help keep him alive why should it not be available to him considering his severe need.

All the best

Hollie x

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Never say never CarbsRok and we must never give up, if there is Technology out there that can help keep him alive why should it not be available to him considering his severe need.
Slight problem is he doesn't have the means or knowledge to use the equipment. Technology only works if you know how to operate it. You say the insulin is iffy so no good for a pump in the first place. No GP will put his name to medical equipment or treatment that can potentially harm someone esp as he has never seen that person.

WYC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Does anyone have the Cellnovo user manual? I am interested in trying the new pump but very hesitant without the user manual- I really like to do my own research before starting on a new product