cellulitis

Dearbhla

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hi, I work as a gardener/plant maintenance. I'd a muscle/nausea bug during the week so eating very little and difficult to bring down the sugar levels: foot felt odd on Thurs, a bit 'spongey' to walk on. After the long drive home it was swollen, often happens, a bit more than usual but nothing worth noting. Friday it's massive, worse Saturday, still coughing from the bug so I didn't seek a doctor's help. By Sunday the bruising was scary, dark too, me feeling dizzy, horsed in a few cough sweets and up to a&e. Drips and a penecillan prescription, I told them I wasn't dizzy cos I wanted to go home. Keeping foot elevated up round my heart level. Taking the penecillan regularly. Crutches when I have to move, very tender. Bloods are ok.
I need to get back to work, any tips n tricks with healing from cellulitis?

Dearbhla

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hi, I work as a gardener/plant maintenance. I'd a muscle/nausea bug during the week so eating very little and difficult to bring down the sugar levels: foot felt odd on Thurs, a bit 'spongey' to walk on. After the long drive home it was swollen, often happens, a bit more than usual but nothing worth noting. Friday it's massive, worse Saturday, still coughing from the bug so I didn't seek a doctor's help. By Sunday the bruising was scary, dark too, me feeling dizzy, horsed in a few cough sweets and up to a&e. Drips and a penecillan prescription, I told them I wasn't dizzy cos I wanted to go home. Keeping foot elevated up round my heart level. Taking the penecillan regularly. Crutches when I have to move, very tender. Bloods are ok.
I need to get back to work, any tips n tricks with healing from cellulitis?
To add, all going really well, does cellulitis reduce swelling significantly in maybe 3or4 days?
Will that area be prone to cellulitis again (the feet always swell in hot weather)