CGM and Airport Security

Nor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
Has anybody been through Dubrovnic Airport security with Libre 2. Was it straightforward?
Thanks

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not been through Dubrovnik but been through many airports with a CGMs, including Libre, and never had any issues.
In fact, it has never been mentioned (by me or security) because there is no need. It does not show up on x rays and continues to work without any issues.

Nor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not been through Dubrovnik but been through many airports with a CGMs, including Libre, and never had any issues.
In fact, it has never been mentioned (by me or security) because there is no need. It does not show up on x rays and continues to work without any issues.
Thank you

Lakeslover

I’ve been through lots of different airports with no problems. It does show up on the more modern scanners. It showed on the screen at Cologne last autumn but as soon as I showed the security guard they waved me through. Also showed on the brand new scanners in Newcastle but the security guards were aware what it was and just asked me to lift my sleeve to show it. Probably best to have a short sleeved top on to make it easy to show.

Reactions: TG4567

Marikev

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Only time I have had an ‘issue’ at airport security was returning through Gatwick earlier this year when one of the personnel checking stuff into the bins saw I had pulled a new CGM out and said.. mm they’re not supposed to go through the X-ray machine are they? This is what I had read.. but nobody seems to take notice of it, had one fail on me after it had been through an X ray machine in its box. Nice understanding girl passed the new CGM through the security line and said I could collect it the other end. A different security officer at the other end held up the yellow Libre box and asked whose it was and he called me over to the side of the security line, asked if I had Type 1 diabetes, and then told me so did he! I was so stunned I couldn’t say anything… he wished me a good day and I think I managed to stumble out the same to him.

Reactions: oldgreymare

Nor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve been through lots of different airports with no problems. It does show up on the more modern scanners. It showed on the screen at Cologne last autumn but as soon as I showed the security guard they waved me through. Also showed on the brand new scanners in Newcastle but the security guards were aware what it was and just asked me to lift my sleeve to show it. Probably best to have a short sleeved top on to make it easy to show.
Thanks

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Only time I have had an ‘issue’ at airport security was returning through Gatwick earlier this year when one of the personnel checking stuff into the bins saw I had pulled a new CGM out and said.. mm they’re not supposed to go through the X-ray machine are they? This is what I had read.. but nobody seems to take notice of it, had one fail on me after it had been through an X ray machine in its box. Nice understanding girl passed the new CGM through the security line and said I could collect it the other end. A different security officer at the other end held up the yellow Libre box and asked whose it was and he called me over to the side of the security line, asked if I had Type 1 diabetes, and then told me so did he! I was so stunned I couldn’t say anything… he wished me a good day and I think I managed to stumble out the same to him.
You have just reminded me of a similar thing at manchester airport a few years ago when a security man asked me about my regime after he spotted my insulin but he was only curious as his wife was also a type 1....

Also i went through security at manchester at easter this year and they must have new scanners as i didn't have to remove everything from my bag and display it in a clear plastic bag.
I was delighted.

Tony