CGM Artist Competition (Concept)

SamElliott1997

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A few weeks ago, I had an idea.

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a competition where a group of type 1 diabetics wearing CGMs had to create the best piece of art using the CGM trace. At their disposal would be a variety of food and drink with differing glycemic indices and total carbs, and a variety of insulin available to them from rapid acting to long acting. They are of course able to exercise as well if they wish.

After 12 hours the traces are displayed, and a panel of judges pick the best one. Maybe a city skyline? Maybe a word? Maybe the outline of an animal? We'd have to wait and see.

Obviously I don't ever think that this SHOULD happen, as playing with blood glucose is not a very clever thing to do, but it's just a fun concept don't you think?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi, you have a very creative mind @SamElliott1997 :)............. I would love to do it, but need a CGM first ( maybe they would let me borrow one :D)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A few weeks ago, I had an idea.

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a competition where a group of type 1 diabetics wearing CGMs had to create the best piece of art using the CGM trace. At their disposal would be a variety of food and drink with differing glycemic indices and total carbs, and a variety of insulin available to them from rapid acting to long acting. They are of course able to exercise as well if they wish.

After 12 hours the traces are displayed, and a panel of judges pick the best one. Maybe a city skyline? Maybe a word? Maybe the outline of an animal? We'd have to wait and see.

Obviously I don't ever think that this SHOULD happen, as playing with blood glucose is not a very clever thing to do, but it's just a fun concept don't you think?

Thats a wild idea! :)
Possibly overlay some sheet music manuscript where it corresponds, put some notation & write a song..?

Don't try this at home! ;)