CGM or not?!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi there. I'm off to uni in September and am naturally worried about monitoring my bloods 24/7. Although I've never had a hypoglycaemic attack, I'm terrified of going low in the night and not waking up! At the moment I use the freestyle libre which is great because I've been able to monitor my levels better by checking more often. However, I feel the libre is insufficient in catching highs and lows as there's no alarm and you've got to physically scan it yourself to see your bloods. This has lead me to question swapping to a CGM. I've been living in Hong Kong for my whole life and so when I move to the UK at the end of august, I'll have a month to possibly try something new before I start university. Can anyone suggest a CGM that they know is good? I've heard dexcom is the best (and love the idea of being able to access my blood sugars on my phone!!) Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks,
Tasha

jackois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just started using the G5 from Dexcom. Less than a week in, but I can't imagine how I managed having to scan with the Libre reader to get the latest reading. I stopped using the Libre after having skin issues and missed the re-assurance of scanning.

The dexcom works well, bluetoothing the readings to your phone. So far accuracy has been excellent & there is an alarm setting that you can input your self as well as a low hypo alarm that can't be altered.

Reactions: azure