CGMs and TTC

HayleyS

Any thoughts on using CGMs when trying to conceive. Has anyone read any evidence that they’re harmful when trying to conceive?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
A CGM is not harmful when trying to conceive. Rather the opposite if it allows you to have more stable blood glucose.

Reactions: HayleyS

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just out of curiousity, is there a particular reason why you feel they could possibly be harmful?

MamaMcGuigan

Hello,
I have used a Freestyle Libre sensor throughout my whole pregnancy and after and it changed my life.
The second one actually alerts you about impending low or high sugars. I will be using this for my next pregnancy.

I have never heard anything negative about using the CGMs, only that they are extremely beneficial.

Wooly123

Not sure why you think they may be harmful. I’ve been using the Freestyle Libre 2 since TTC and now 32 weeks pregnant. I couldn’t have achieved my good hba1c without it and would have been finger pricking constantly. Libre2 has been an absolute godsend and changed my life. My healthcare team can look at all my results through LibreLink and they know exactly how to guide me because of it. Being pregnant and Diabetic is so tough but it has made it a lot better than it would have been without it, that’s for sure!

Reactions: EllieM