1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

CGMs and TTC

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by HayleyS, May 17, 2022.

Tags:
  1. HayleyS

HayleyS · Member

Any thoughts on using CGMs when trying to conceive. Has anyone read any evidence that they’re harmful when trying to conceive?

2. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

A CGM is not harmful when trying to conceive. Rather the opposite if it allows you to have more stable blood glucose.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Just out of curiousity, is there a particular reason why you feel they could possibly be harmful?

4. MamaMcGuigan

MamaMcGuigan · Newbie

Hello,
    I have used a Freestyle Libre sensor throughout my whole pregnancy and after and it changed my life.
    The second one actually alerts you about impending low or high sugars. I will be using this for my next pregnancy.

I have never heard anything negative about using the CGMs, only that they are extremely beneficial.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Wooly123

Wooly123 · Active Member

Not sure why you think they may be harmful. I’ve been using the Freestyle Libre 2 since TTC and now 32 weeks pregnant. I couldn’t have achieved my good hba1c without it and would have been finger pricking constantly. Libre2 has been an absolute godsend and changed my life. My healthcare team can look at all my results through LibreLink and they know exactly how to guide me because of it. Being pregnant and Diabetic is so tough but it has made it a lot better than it would have been without it, that’s for sure!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook