Chacot foot/broken foot

homer190376

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi All, looking for advice....what would you do?

I posted sometime ago as i had broken the navicular bone in my foot, with a combination of chacot foot, 2 years later and still broken. I've managed to bring my HbA1c from 83 down to 66 since February this year, and have been offered a second operation, although have been told this is a high risk operation due to the complexity and recovery period but if i do not have it doe then i risk chacot foot coming and going and a further risk of loosing my foot completely. the operation has a 6 month recovery time and also is not guaranteed. kinda no win situated, but also a very difficult decision to make, just wandered if anyone else out there have been in a similar situation?

thank you,

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All, looking for advice....what would you do?

I posted sometime ago as i had broken the navicular bone in my foot, with a combination of chacot foot, 2 years later and still broken. I've managed to bring my HbA1c from 83 down to 66 since February this year, and have been offered a second operation, although have been told this is a high risk operation due to the complexity and recovery period but if i do not have it doe then i risk chacot foot coming and going and a further risk of loosing my foot completely. the operation has a 6 month recovery time and also is not guaranteed. kinda no win situated, but also a very difficult decision to make, just wandered if anyone else out there have been in a similar situation?

thank you,

Hi homer - sorry to hear of your troubles. I don't have any wisdom to offer you, but at least my post will bump your thread up a bit for the early evening traffic.

Good luck with it, whichever option you choose. There'll be a few out there thinking, "there by by the grace............"