Change from levemir to hypurin porcine

Fujifilm

At last I found a Doctor to listen well actually it was his assistant. :D

As some of you will know I changed from Lantus after years on it, to levemir and have been on that for four weeks, in that time I have put on 7lbs, :( blood pressure has increased for the first time ever :shock: Hba1c was a bit lower which was good, but worst of all hypo warnings had decreased.

Was told at first to stick with Levimir a bit longer which I said I did not want to do and gave my reasons and the Doctor really was not keen for me to change, his assistant said, she had read of problems with synthetic insulin and suggested he give me a trial on the Hypurin Porcine Isophane as I was a long term diabetic and quite capable of knowing how my body was reacting, which is what he agreed too. :D

The assistant was only young so it gives us all hope that those coming out of medical school are more clued up on diabetes.

Tomorrow I will collect my prescription and see how it goes, I will keep you posted.

For those that use the Hypurin Porcine do you inject once or split your dose? at the moment I take 16 Levimir at 11pm and 16 at 11am

lilibet

Good on ye fuji for sticking to your guns. I
get so beyond scunnered not being listened to, well listened to but made to feel like an overwrought nutcase who clearly hasnt accepted their diabetes. Well , newsflash - I KNOW im diabetic, how could I not, its like a part time job (with no minimum wage though Id settle for good bg as payment :lol: )

My levemir (after being ill for three days, no food - perfect for waistline AND basal tests) is pretty much spot on but short acting is another story.

I think it can be split, IIRC, but janabelle and kewgirl may be your best bet for asking?

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'd love to know how you get on with the smokey bacon flavour, Fujifilm!
And top marks for sticking to your guns by the way.

fergus