Change in Medication

He_Who_Is_T

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,

Got blood test results today. Dr wasn't concerned with blood sugars but an increase in Liver and Kidney function from last year. He suspects it could be the metaformin tablet so has changed the medication to sitagliptin 100mgs once a day instead of metaformin 500mg twice a day. Anyone had these? wondering how effective they will be. Dr said some people respond to the medications different and I'm due back for more blood tests in 2 weeks to see if there's an improvement in L&K function without the metaformin.

I'm pretty sure the stress of all this is causing more issues than diabetes.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
never heard of them but am interested to know what they are especially if in place of Metformin

Reactions: He_Who_Is_T

He_Who_Is_T

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
never heard of them but am interested to know what they are especially if in place of Metformin

Yeah my father and brother are diabetic the latter suffering quite badly and he's not heard of them. I'm on my third dose it's easier remembering just one a day than metaformin. Plus the stomach ache and diarrhoea have gone. Not sure how long it will take for the metaformin to get out of my system.