Change of insulin

mike gibson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Any type 1’s out there had their insulin changed from humulin and humalog to novorapid and levemir…

My endo changed mine a couple of months ago and since I’ve suffered from fatigue and a white coating on my tongue along with a bad taste… I was wondering if this is the result of the insulin change…I’m awaiting blood tests with my GP to rule any other issues out but can’t help thinking all this started after the insulin change…

Also, does anyone have any idea why they changed my insulin is Novorapid and levemir cheaper ??

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
since I’ve suffered from fatigue and a white coating on my tongue along with a bad taste… I was wondering if this is the result of the insulin change
How is your blood glucose in general?

Marikev

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Any type 1’s out there had their insulin changed from humulin and humalog to novorapid and levemir…

My endo changed mine a couple of months ago and since I’ve suffered from fatigue and a white coating on my tongue along with a bad taste… I was wondering if this is the result of the insulin change…I’m awaiting blood tests with my GP to rule any other issues out but can’t help thinking all this started after the insulin change…

Also, does anyone have any idea why they changed my insulin is Novorapid and levemir cheaper ??
Been using humalog, as fast acting insulin, since diagnosis last year. Went to collect a new batch of insulin this week the pharmacy technician asked if I would accept another kind of insulin, Lispro. Told her I was loathe to change to another kind of insulin, but realised I use so very little it can hardly make much difference, and she told me I would have to pay 100NOK for the humalog pens! Went with the Lispro, which has both Latvian and Norwegian instructions on the box. (I live in Norway, before you think this is really strange)
Am guessing there is some sort of shortage or a price hike in the humalog insulin. As a side note I use so little insulin that I have insulin left over at the end of a month out of the fridge, so routinely take it back to a pharmacy to be safely disposed of. This same ‘pharmacy technician’ at first refused to accept my old pens, saying I had to put them in the ordinary rubbish. She seemed to be under the impression the pens had needles attached. Showed her there were no needles and she took them.

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Endocrinologist changed my Humalog to Admelog because of the price difference. He assumed me I was unlikely to notice any difference, and he was correct, I’ve not noticed anything at all. Maybe if your new insulin is causing problems that might be an alternative to your more costly Humalog