Change of meds.

Dave Brierley

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all

I've been away from the forum for about 3 years as I was ok with my diabetes and its treatment, but in the past year its been up too high and my nurse has changed my meds from sukatto to anagliptin. My question/query is, as I drive a lgv/hgv do I need to notify the dvsa even when the new meds are not sulphonylurea or glinide type of meds.

Thanks in advance.
Dave

Muddikins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't actually know the answer to your question I am afraid but had to reply because my name is Paul Brierley and apart from my own immediate family I have never come across another Brierley.

Reactions: Antje77

Dave Brierley

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi
Near to where I live there are some cottages called Brierley Cottages they are in Sutton in Ashfield Notts, there is also Brierley Park in Huthwaite Notts. I once heard of a supermarket in Northampton called Brierley's.

D

Deleted Account

@dave b
My question/query is, as I drive a lgv/hgv do I need to notify the dvsa
Ypur avatar says you are insulin dependent. You definitely need to tell the DVLA if you are treated with any medication which may lower your BG including insulin.
I cannot answer for your other medication.

Muddikins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I forgot about the Brierley's shop, Leicester had one. They went bust when I was a kid but were no relations of mine.
For a short time at least there was a Brierley's biscuit maker in Great Yarmouth (how ironic is that?) and they made the best fig rolls ever.

Dave Brierley

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been looking for the way to change the avatar but I can't find it, it is wrong I don't take insulin and never have, it must be a mistake from a long time ago. Thanks for your reply.