changed from trajenta 5mg to 25mg vipidia without asking

bignic147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all i asked for a repeat prescription on a drop in form and got a new tablet, without asking was on 5mg trajenta got given 25mg vipidia is it safe to take ???
thanks
Nic

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all i asked for a repeat prescription on a drop in form and got a new tablet, without asking was on 5mg trajenta got given 25mg vipidia is it safe to take ???
thanks
Nic

Hi there, I don't know about safe but I would not be happy with an unexpected change of medicine on my prescription without any previous contact or explanation by the Doctor. If the Doc has changed it in this manner I think that is terrible without such a discussion not to mention potentially dangerous. Also, how do you know it's not a mistake somewhere along the line. What a bad practice all round. I don't know anything about either tablet or even what they are for and I would never advise a person on what to do but I would be phoning that Doctor pronto!

bignic147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hi I agree
hence the reason for asking but it is a bank holiday and am stuck as I have run out of trajenta ha

bignic147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Ah, maybe you could contact the pharmacist who gave it to you?
Thanks for reply

the pharmacy is also closed so just called another local one and they told me it was a blanket policy change based on cost ha, other people have asked them and he said it was safe hmmm.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for reply

the pharmacy is also closed so just called another local one and they told me it was a blanket policy change based on cost ha, other people have asked them and he said it was safe hmmm.

Hi there. Well I am sure they are right but the main point is that they shouldn't simply change it without at least letting you know in my opinion. It shows no respect for the 'patient' and smacks of 'We'll tell you what you're getting and don't ask questions'. x

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They should send you a letter informing you of the change. Our surgery tried to change one of my husbands heart pills from a brand name to a more generic one until we pointed out that he had to be on that particular brand. Luckily we knew this because the pharmacist had previously told us but how many other patients accepted the change because they were unaware of this protocol.

bignic147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
They should send you a letter informing you of the change. Our surgery tried to change one of my husbands heart pills from a brand name to a more generic one until we pointed out that he had to be on that particular brand. Luckily we knew this because the pharmacist had previously told us but how many other patients accepted the change because they were unaware of this protocol.

thanks for reply xx i called 111 to confirm ok, not happy either about lack of info but in these difficult times, with appointments at docs ect, can we expect more ha.

billysmit555

thanks
Nic
To attain the correct efficacy of Trajenta or any drug, it is always best to consult a doctor to avoid unwanted health complications. He will guide you with the right method of switching higher to a lower or lower to higher drug dosage. Trajenta 5mg is one of the effective medication to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus. Following regular exercise and a proper diet works best in controlling blood sugar levels.