JackLowe123
Member
- Messages
- 5
- Type of diabetes
- Type 1
- Treatment type
- Insulin
My understanding is that toujeo is a "concentrated" form of lantus, so should have the same effect?Note that Lantus is another popular Basal which can be split to two shots per day if needed.
Hi @JackLowe123,I currently take 20 units of levimir morning and night so have a total of 40 units basal each day. I've just been called to say it is time to make a change from Levimir and have been given the options of TRESIBA VS TROUJEO. Would anybody else have any advise or have made the switch from Levimir already. I have done some research and can see that Tresiba and Troujeo are a once a day type of insulin. I am slightly edging towards Tresiba but if anybody has anymore information to share that would be great before making a decision.
I loved Tresiba coming off Lantus, because the nearly 48h DIA was much more stable. Levemir is more 12h DIA, so you may need to make small changes to get the dose right, but Tresiba worked wondes for me.I currently take 20 units of levimir morning and night so have a total of 40 units basal each day. I've just been called to say it is time to make a change from Levimir and have been given the options of TRESIBA VS TROUJEO. Would anybody else have any advise or have made the switch from Levimir already. I have done some research and can see that Tresiba and Troujeo are a once a day type of insulin. I am slightly edging towards Tresiba but if anybody has anymore information to share that would be great before making a decision.
HiI currently take 20 units of levimir morning and night so have a total of 40 units basal each day. I've just been called to say it is time to make a change from Levimir and have been given the options of TRESIBA VS TROUJEO. Would anybody else have any advise or have made the switch from Levimir already. I have done some research and can see that Tresiba and Troujeo are a once a day type of insulin. I am slightly edging towards Tresiba but if anybody has anymore information to share that would be great before making a decision.
I changed from Levimir about 4 months ago, I was taking 12U levimir every 12 hours (7am and 7pm) the hospital advised me to take two less units than my current dose so 22U of Tresiba every 24 hours (at 7pm) and it's taken me the best part of 3 to 4 months to stop having the hypos, I'm now down to 13U and consistently stay more or less level through the night, it's disappointing though that I seem to have been advised by professionals so incorrectly, of course it does bring the question of 'was the levimir the correct dose?' in the first placeI currently take 20 units of levimir morning and night so have a total of 40 units basal each day. I've just been called to say it is time to make a change from Levimir and have been given the options of TRESIBA VS TROUJEO. Would anybody else have any advise or have made the switch from Levimir already. I have done some research and can see that Tresiba and Troujeo are a once a day type of insulin. I am slightly edging towards Tresiba but if anybody has anymore information to share that would be great before making a decision.
From my experience that sounds about right although my health professionals said levimir lasts 24 hours which it obviously doesn't, and Tresiba lasts 60 hours, I went from 24U of levimir and equal split 12 hours apart to an initial dose of Tresiba of 22U (2 less than levimir as instructed by the consultant) only to be having lows almost continually, I've never eaten so much sweet stuff even before having type 1, it's taken months to find out the magic dose but now 13U per 24 hours of Tresiba keeps me on a level.Hi
I am a levimir user and am about to change to Tresiba.
I take 10 units at 6am and 14 units at 6pm.
I also take novorapid as and when.
My last hba1c was 5.7 or 39.
I'm going for tresiba as apparently it lasts for 36 hours.
Levimir lasts 12 to 18 hours so 18 times 2 is 36 so using my own maths taking it once per day tresiba should act like levimir providing i get the dose right.
My plan is to start on 14 units and analyse as i go.
Diabetics are such good analysts IMHO.
With over 50years experience and a CGM and fingers to prick it should be a fascinating experience.
Good luck
Tony
Hi Tony, now I've finally settled at my level of 13U on Tresiba the results for me changing from using levimir are may I say 'magical' I'm almost certainly getting as close to a straight line level as is possible when asleep, my next challenge is to change from the slower acting novorapid to the faster acting Fiasp or Lyumjev to smooth out high spikes, my issue with Tresiba was simply being advised to take far too much by my healthcare team.Hi
Just started my last but one vial of levimir and am surprised how apprehensive i am becoming and basically not wanting to change as i have been so successful but i know i have no choice.
I have full confidence in my abilities and tech but i have a nagging feeling.....
Tony
Hi @Tony337,Hi
Just started my last but one vial of levimir and am surprised how apprehensive i am becoming and basically not wanting to change as i have been so successful but i know i have no choice.
I have full confidence in my abilities and tech but i have a nagging feeling.....
Tony
HiHi @Tony337,
I hear you! I also felt this way and it was a horrible feeling to have to live with. I really didn't want to change but I knew that I had no choice. I felt like "the change" was constantly hanging over my head and I couldn't get away from it. I knew that the only way to stop that feeling was to start on my new insulin but I really didn't want to make the switch either. I decided to take control of the situation by reading up as much as possible and gathering up everything I needed (I bought extra blood glucose strips, stocked up on ketone strips, etc) then I set a date to switch and I just went for it. I was planning on finishing my last pen of Levemir but I got so sick of the constant nagging feeling of needing to change that I didn't bother!
It's been about a month now since I started on Tresiba and I'm happy to say that I'm still here! I'm not completely settled on my dose but I seem to need 4 or 5 units daily, which is a significant reduction on my total daily dose of Levemir. I was given a NovoPen 6 for my Tresiba but I'd like to fine-tune my dose further still so I'm considering asking for a NovoPen Echo Plus at my next diabetes review. Like @SteveO68, my nights are much improved now that I'm on Tresiba and I'd say that I've been sleeping better too (now that I'm a few weeks into using Tresiba). I'm also considering asking my consultant to change me from NovoRapid to something faster as my NovoRapid feels quite sluggish now that I haven't got Levemir propping it up.
As @SteveO68 said, please keep us informed and let us know how you get on with Tresiba.
Hi @Tony337,Hi
Thanks for your reply and it has made me feel a bit better about myself.
When do you take your tresiba?
I'm currently 6am and 6pm so i can go either way.
I'm like you again as i have always overloaded with Levimir and the novorapid works well this way.
I'm rarely resistant like this and am convinced overloading is the reason why.
Thank you very much
Tony
HiMy Levemir dose was about 70% of my total daily insulin dose but my Tresiba dose is now around 30% of my total daily insulin dose so I used to rely very heavily on my Levemir (too heavily, perhaps!).
You've got this, @Tony337!Tony singing "and now the end is near its time to face the final curtain"
Levimir nearly finished...
Thank you @Lily21You've got this, @Tony337!
A little tip from me... do try and keep calm when doing your first injection of Tresiba. I was very nervous and my hands were shaking that much that my first injection hurt like hell...! Fortunately, subsequent injections have hurt a lot less!
Hi I have been on Tresiba200 for 2 months, bear in mind that there is also Tresiba100. I was on 56 units of levermir split over 2 doses. Initially my suggested dose for tresiba200 was 48 units, however this caused many hypos and I was having to eat and drink a lot more sugary things and that was without taking any novarapid. This caused me to put on 3kg in weight. Good news is that I am now on 36 units which seems to be pretty stable with a ratio of 1 unit of novarapid for every 10g of carbs. According to the app my time in range is now 70 percent and estimated a1c is now 50 and my last blood test I was 60 , so in conclusion it has made a big difference to me. The dose just needs to be rightI currently take 20 units of levimir morning and night so have a total of 40 units basal each day. I've just been called to say it is time to make a change from Levimir and have been given the options of TRESIBA VS TROUJEO. Would anybody else have any advise or have made the switch from Levimir already. I have done some research and can see that Tresiba and Troujeo are a once a day type of insulin. I am slightly edging towards Tresiba but if anybody has anymore information to share that would be great before making a decision.
Thanks for sharing @Martin2025 as i don't see a medical professional for diabetes i have read enough to conclude Tresiba is stronger and go for a low dose and build up either Tresiba or my novorapid depending on my levels.Hi I have been on Tresiba200 for 2 months, bear in mind that there is also Tresiba100. I was on 56 units of levermir split over 2 doses. Initially my suggested dose for tresiba200 was 48 units, however this caused many hypos and I was having to eat and drink a lot more sugary things and that was without taking any novarapid. This caused me to put on 3kg in weight. Good news is that I am now on 36 units which seems to be pretty stable with a ratio of 1 unit of novarapid for every 10g of carbs. According to the app my time in range is now 70 percent and estimated a1c is now 50 and my last blood test I was 60 , so in conclusion it has made a big difference to me. The dose just needs to be right
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?