Changing medication

Clase

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV
Good morning everyone. It has been suggested that I change from taking Saxagliptin to
Trulicity (Dulaglutide). Does anyone have any experience of this which they could share please? Is it effective? Have you had side effects?
I'd be really grateful to be forearmed with questions.
Many thanks.

Last edited:

MelvynK

I started 25th Jan. 3 nights of bloating acid reflux not much sleep Find the Defaltine (Over the counter) does for me
stop the bloating. We going try injection in thigh rather than stomach next week as per booklets poss other sites
for injections in case it upset the Stomach system Other threads says take 4 weeks to settle down l it quicker than that.

Clase

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV
I started 25th Jan. 3 nights of bloating acid reflux not much sleep Find the Defaltine (Over the counter) does for me
stop the bloating. We going try injection in thigh rather than stomach next week as per booklets poss other sites
for injections in case it upset the Stomach system Other threads says take 4 weeks to settle down l it quicker than that.

Hello. I felt quite sick after I'd eaten but after 2 or 3 weeks that died down. I have always injected in my thigh. I probably press too hard but I occasionally have a bruise. But stick with it if you can. Last August my HbA1c was 51; I began the Dulaglutide at the end of October and had a blood test 10 days ago. HbA1c then, 47. I'm so pleased so really worth persevering.