Changing my g6 cgm.....

blueeyed81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all, hope we're all good??

I am a cgm newbie, still within my first shipment of them. I am due to change at 18:45 this evening, would it matter if I was to do it before then???

Thanks for reading,

Kelly

jackois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not at all.

You can change whenever you want. Just go to 'Stop Sensor' and follow the instructions for replacement.

You can also fit the new sensor but not swap until the old one times out. I tend to put it on 4 to 6 hours before it's due... there's anecdotal evidence that the sensor is more accurate, more quickly as it's 'bedded in' already.

Good luck.... first few sensor changes are nerve wracking...

Reactions: blueeyed81

blueeyed81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Not at all.

You can change whenever you want. Just go to 'Stop Sensor' and follow the instructions for replacement.

You can also fit the new sensor but not swap until the old one times out. I tend to put it on 4 to 6 hours before it's due... there's anecdotal evidence that the sensor is more accurate, more quickly as it's 'bedded in' already.

Thank you, I have done a few, but just wanted to see if it was a 'written rule', to wait lol x

plantae

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not at all.

In your own experience does putting the new sensor on early (I assume you just leave the transmitter on the previous sensor until ready to swap) make a noticible difference? The reading from the first 8-16 hours of my new sensors are a total mess to the point that the readings are unusable — they jump all over the place from, e.g., 2.8 to 10 and back again (sometimes reading just ‘low’ without a number) in 5 minute intervals. Then after the 8-16 hours the readings suddenly become stable and pretty much match finger pricks. It just means that I really only get 9 days out of a sensor because the first up to 16 hours I finger prick because the readings are so random

jackois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In your own experience does putting the new sensor on early (I assume you just leave the transmitter on the previous sensor until ready to swap) make a noticible difference? The reading from the first 8-16 hours of my new sensors are a total mess to the point that the readings are unusable — they jump all over the place from, e.g., 2.8 to 10 and back again (sometimes reading just ‘low’ without a number) in 5 minute intervals. Then after the 8-16 hours the readings suddenly become stable and pretty much match finger pricks. It just means that I really only get 9 days out of a sensor because the first up to 16 hours I finger prick because the readings are so random

I think it does, although not with every sensor. I still get the random readings on the odd sensor which, as you say, recover and then stay stable. This has happened with both the G6 and the One, that I'm trying to make up my mind about.

• Informative
Reactions: plantae