Changing Shifts at Work

Garthion

Hi all,

I work in a local Spar shop to where I live, I'm a supervisor (after being there over 8 years :eek: ) and have just been asked if I can start running the Sunday evening shift. I've been working the mornings on Sundays for the last 7 years as my main job is being the store's News Manager. This will be the first time in the 7 years that I've done a permanent evening shift (3pm 'till 10:30pm) rather than the morning shift (6:30am 'till 1pm)
I have a feeling that I will have to change my Basal rates for Sunday night on my Pump but do not know what will happen just yet. I still have another week before this starts so may contact my DSN during next week to speak to her about it or I could wait until the following Tuesday when I see her at the Hospital.
I know how to set up a different basal pattern so may do that, but I need to know how I will be during the shift before I do anything though. Ah well...

PS I've been a supervisor for about a year now, doing day shifts but we are losing one of the evening supervisors and I have been given the 7.5 hour Sunday evening shift instead of doing the 6 hour Sunday morning so that we do not need to employ another supervisor as, during the present financial climate, we can not afford another member of staff.

pscarborough

I am sure you be fine just keep testing. the stress will be massive and this will effect your sugars as adrenaline and sugar will mix and cause strange tricks on your body. I was searching for answers to my a question as I am now doing a mixture of shifts 4 hours 4am until 8 am then 8.30 to 1.pm then next week will be 4am until 8am and the rest until 1pm working again until 7pm a meal then bed to be up at 3am to start all over again