Changing sites

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm being really careful not to use the same site for my set. Can I ask - how long do you guys generally leave it until you use the same site again? I cannot use my stomach because I injected there far too long a few years ago and there's no absorbtion so I'm quite limited to where I can put the set each time.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I just use one bum cheek for two weeks then change to the other for two weeks. Works great for me. Never use stomach. Rarely use legs.

pumppimp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Lucie, this is my own personal prefernce it all depends on how skinny you are and if there are any areas you can't use for you it might be your tummy, but this is what I do. I used to have really bad areas on my legs so I left off those for a few years and now back to normal. I start my rotation usually on my tummy everything is split left and right i usually start off right (because i'm right handed) then move to left. for example tummy right tummy left, leg right leg left, hip right hip left, arm right and arm left. i do on occasion then go onto my bum it just depends if I have a spare set of hands and what I'll be doing where my pump needs to be attached to etc, Im not to keen on bum it's pretty sizeable but very sensitive for some reason so I tend not to use it as much but it's always there when I need it. Then back to tummy right. It can be 8 or 9 set changes before I'm back to the same place which for me is round about a month or so sometimes a bit longer or shorter depending on what is going on. If you're lacking places to go then just make sure you're rotating from left to right in between. Also I found a bottle of tea tree and which hazel oil very handy if you get a sore area I also use it as a shower gel version, helps my acne as well.