1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

CHARITY EVENT FOR THE HEART FOUNDATION, NO CHOCOLATE FEBRUARY

Discussion in 'Diabetes Events' started by Orlando00, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Orlando00

Orlando00 Type 2 · Active Member

I'm doing a charity event for the British heart foundation on eating no chocolate for February and was wondering if I can post the donations link as I want to raise as much as I can and I don't have much friends or family

2. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @Orlando00
    There is a fundraising section others have posted links there. Would you like your thread moved?

3. Orlando00

That would be great, thank you very much

4. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

@Orlando00 - Once your post is made, it will be considered as we have strict criteria for anything like fundraising. As you can imagaine it is an area which could be subject to dreadful abuse for those with less good intentions.

5. Orlando00

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone would donate for this worthy cause? Here is the story behind the charity and why I'm doing this. This February I'm challenging myself to a Dechox! Along with thousands of others across the UK, I'm giving up chocolate for a month to raise funds for the BHF's life saving research into cures and treatments for heart and circulatory diseases. That means for 28 days I'll be saying 'NO' to cocoa - from the chocolate sprinkles on my morning cappuccino, to to sneaking a 3pm chocolate bar and, to all choccie desserts. I won't be able to stay away from my favourite sweet treats without your help. Please donate what you can towards my choc-free efforts. Together we can protect the people we love from heart and circulatory diseases. Our parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandparents and closest friends.

Any amount would help. https://www.justgiving.com/dechox20...019-Mark-Schell&utm_campaign=pfp-email&utm_te

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook