Cheap smartwatch for miaomiao

david c.

Does anyone happen to know of the cheapest smartwatch I can buy for the miaomiao that doesnt need to be used with a smartphone (other than perhaps for the initial setup, for which I can borrow a friend’s phone)? (I don’t own a smartphone – believe it or not!)
Thanks

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Something like this.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7495924

Some older used ones on eBay which look like they would do the job.

I'm not sure how it would operate without a smartphone tho. Setting, adding calibrations, alarms and I occasionally get Bluetooth dropouts which I require a phone to get going again. To get the full benefit I think you should get a el cheapo android phone as well.

K

Knikki

Hi @david c. I think on the miaomiao website they have some form of list but any smart watch that you use should be Google Wear OS (Android) compatible so anything that will take that should work.

There are Pebble watches around which I think @porl69 uses with his, they were made by Fitbit but they have been taken over and I am not sure how long or if the watches are still supported, you can get them on Ebay for less than £100 but having never used one then I do not know.

I use a Ticwatch https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ticwatch-S...8&qid=1541754428&sr=1-3&keywords=ticwatch+pro which I find great, there are a couple of variations with the watch I have the least expensive one.

If your on Apple then I think it is only the Apple Smart watch and Pebble that will work (I COULD be wrong on this) and I think that you have to have the phone near by.

Hope that helps :)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
You'd have to buy one of the chinese Smartwatches that run full Android. An example of one that works (and I've tested) is the Finow Q1 Pro.

The Android Wear watches, on the whole, don't work as standalone xDrip clients (with the exception of the Sony Smartwatch 3 and a few that you have to change the firmware to a hacked version).

Last edited:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi @david c. yeah I use the Pebble Time watch BUT it does need a smartphone to get the readings.
The Ticwatch as @Knikki has mentioned is a very good standalone watch to use