Cheating -- Nice low carb meal without having to cook

desidiabulum

OK first I should confess that I am not a great cook, am often in a hurry, and I do sometimes use ready meals. So I am a Bad Person. But if occasionally you’re in a hurry, don’t mind spending a bit of money and have someone to share it with, do try the M&S seafood casserole. It’s really delicious and the carb count is unbelievably low – 3.7g for half the pack. I find I can have a few new potatoes with it (and a bit of spinach) and still have very low sugar levels. My fasting levels the following morning are so good they are almost worth posting on the fasting blood glucose thread. Makes you feel good about yourself with no real effort, which can’t be bad.

Reactions: lorraine95

Cowboyjim

A great find... will add to the shopping list!
One of my bugbears is convenience re DM. Not everyone can be "good" and it is nice to hear there are a few things out these that we can call upon from the freezer... I spose those of us who like that sort of thing could prep some meals at the weekend and freeze em for one day each. This would be good because often I lack the appetite when preparing food by the time it's ready. 8)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Why! Oh! Why! do I dislike seafood so much?
It seems to be a great component for a low carb diet.
Hana

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
We buy my mum's food in M & S and have to say the meals look top quality, a little on the pricey side but she won't have any others. I love fish and eat it 3 times a week :)

dawnb64

I love fish but prawns just don't like me! I'd have a problem finding someone to share a pack with too... Everyone else in the house considers that fish should only come breadcrumbed or battered!

I've got a simple chicken recipe that I think works out about 5g per portion. I'll post it in the recipe section and perhaps someone would let me know if they agree.

hugsee

Dislikes
cheese
My sister went to M&S this week and they had 3 meals for £5 and she said she will be going again to stock up as they are delicious

chrissyp

Dislikes
offensive people !!
Oh thank God !! I ate a M and S ready meal yesterday and he contents looked horrendous - I wish I could "get" carbs ,I truly try but am obviously eating SOMETHING wrong as my bloods have gone haywire after a reasonably stable period ???? :thumbdown: