Cheese? Qourn?

Avyi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
anything that is high impact - aerobics, etc
Hi, newly diagnosed Prediabetic,and a Veggie. A lot of recipes seem to include cheese, creamed cheese even! Is this allowed? surely not. (I hope so though)! Also I eat Quorn products as always thought they're low fat and healthy, are these allowed on a low carb diet?
I rarely cook so have to completely change my ways which is hard when you're alone - but have to! any help is appreciated. thanks

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Hi @Avyi Many people find they are hungry when they cut down on carbs. Eating high fat food, such as cheese, can fill that gap and stop hunger. It is also very low carb.

Quorn is a good source of protein for you - just avoid the ones that are breaded, battered or in pastry.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
year a I'd really recommend getting a blood sugar meter so you can work out for yourself whats going on. If you cant get one from your surgery, and these are times of austerity, so some give them out and others not, you can find them for less than a£10 on ebay. I've tried a few and they all seem much of a muchness..... so go for one where you can get the cheapest test strips. I've bought these on ebay with short shelf live for £5-8 per 50 strips. Best of luck with it all.....

Last edited: