1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

CHERRIES

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Sassco, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Sassco

Sassco · Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that fresh Cherries are good for diabetics. Anyone know if that's true?

2. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

I haven't heard that they have any particular health benefits for diabetics.

However, I always have packets of frozen cherries (and other berries) in the freezer. 100g of cherries is around 11g of carbs. Makes a great dessert with double cream :lol:

3. hallii

hallii · Well-Known Member

Again I haven't heard they do much for diabetics but they do help a lot with gout. They contain something that stops the crystals forming which cause gout.

The best ones are from Sainsbury's they are ripe and black. Some others are not as good.

H

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook