Chest Infectoins - damm them

Brodiebear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabeties
I have had a chest infection for over a couple of weeks and have been on antibiotics (amoxicillin) for the last week, coming to the end now. I originally went to the doctors as my bloods were over 18 mmol/L no matter what I did / didn’t do , eat drink/ not eat drink, kept falling asleep around 3-4pm each day, I was fighting to keep my eyes open. The levels started to themselves out, but I took them about an hour ago and they were 20.0 mmol/L , now they have dropped to 13.2 mmol/L

My wife has also said that during the night my breathing still isn’t good, very raspy / coughing a lot. Still coughing during the day. so infectoin may not have cleared up yet ?

Has anyone else had this yo-yo issue with chest infections ?

Lea_S

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I get this at least 3 times a year, it's a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gollop10360

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I'm new to this forum and just seen your messages, I've just got over a chest infection it lasted about 6 weeks first time I've had one just wondered if it something I'm going to be prone to now I'm a diabetic

Brodiebear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabeties
Sort of got rid of the chest infection, not coughing up so much gunk now, maybe once a day. But the cold that started it all off back in end of November, well thats still here. had to have a blood test last week and the Doctor called to say my reading was a bit high and not where he wanted it to be (think he said 72), so now have to have a face to face with him to discuss 'medication' and options, also because I had protein in my Urine. I assume my levels still are not good (test in the day and come back between 11.4 and 16.8) because of this cold. Getting well feed up with it, as i was starting to hit the '6' mark when i tested !!!!