Chia Seed Pudding

sarahlou72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After reading about chia seeds on the how much jelly? thread, I decided to get some. After finally getting them home (the first purchase was left in the bus station along with goji berries and a pasty for the OH) i looked up some recipes.

After seeing the pics I'm a little reluctant to try them and my I'll try anything once attitude seems to have disappeared.

I know there are other threads on here, but I would be grateful for some chia pudding ideas.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I have also bought a 1kg pack online after reading about them on this forum. I'm not sure what I should do with them either. I thought I might add some to porridge, but would also appreciate other suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
(The only way I've ever used them is as in my post on the "how much jelly?" thread, i.e. with almond milk, and 85% chocolate, and whipped cream. I agree that they can seem uninspiring in their tiny dry blackness, but I have eventually come to like them. As I'm doing low carb high fat, I don't add them to anything flour based.)
I hope there are some more ideas out there. :)

sarahlou72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finally tried them. I put a few teaspoons into a yoghurt. it was a bit weird with them starting off crunchy then gelling. I think I am going to like these little seeds.

I gave a bag to a work colleague so it will be interesting to see what she does with them.

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I will be watching this thread with interest as I bought organic chia seeds and then ran out of the unsweetened hazelnut 'milk' so haven't tried yet.

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I forgot mine when I moved house last week :arghh:

I love them and almost use them every day. I add them to my low-carb porridge, yoghurt, smoothies, home-made "granola", etc. They can also act as an egg substitute.

Reactions: 2 people

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I made some chia seed jam recently. I had some over ripe strawberries that i simmered in a little water then added 3 tsp of the chia seeds and left it overnight. It tasted really nice. The only problem was I ended up throwing most of it away days later cos I couldnt think of anything low carb to spread it on!!!