Chinese food on Medtronic pump

BJB.04

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi guys I need some advice on what i should do when I eat Chinese food. I'm unsure whether to dual wave it or square bolus or another solution that anyone else has. I want to avoid going high after the meal. I'm 13 years old and I do quite a lot of exercise and I always seem to go high after a Chinese meal. This usually occurs late at night or early hours in the morning.

stellson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi. I'm in the medtronic 640G pump and always dual wave for any takeaway meal, the effects of which can last right up to 8 hours depending on the food. It's trial and error to get it right but for me I would dual wave a Chinese meal 30% and 70% over 4 hours, if the 4 hours is up before i go to bed then I usually put a 50% increase temp basal on over night but varies depending on the food e.g Pizza needs 8hrs. Hope this helps.

BJB.04

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi. I'm in the medtronic 640G pump and always dual wave for any takeaway meal, the effects of which can last right up to 8 hours depending on the food. It's trial and error to get it right but for me I would dual wave a Chinese meal 30% and 70% over 4 hours, if the 4 hours is up before i go to bed then I usually put a 50% increase temp basal on over night but varies depending on the food e.g Pizza needs 8hrs. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your comment I will try this next time. Appreciate your time.