Chocoholic

kjc2011

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercising lol
Wow! I'm so proud of myself. Popped into my local shop for a pint of milk earlier and just realised I walked straight past the chocoate, never gave it a second thought bought the milk and came home. Previously I would have bought a bar (or 2) and wouldn't have thought twice about eating them one after the other. Just had to post and share with somebody ☺

Reactions: 6 people

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
If you want to indulge and not feel guilty, track down Lindt 90% - just 14g per 50g bar, or like me the 99% chock Lindt. 4g per bar and 20 cubes per bar and so rich. I bar will last me a week, so under 1g per day:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

2/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 120/72, 11st 11lbs, waist 30" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.

4/6/16: Best BP 112/64....yeah!!

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
I seem to have totally lost my sweet tooth since starting on low carb: doughnuts and sweets hold no attraction for me at all, but I still crave chocolate every now and then - but I always preferred dark chocolate, so I also go for the 85% stuff, though I've found my new favourite is really smooth and creamy with no bitterness - Ritter Sport Extra Fine dark chocolate - it's 25g of carb per 100g, but unlike normal Ritter sport, it's got 36 smaller squares, so you could theoritically eat less of it.

Reactions: 6 people

tpaz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Cardio exercise
Good job! I'm trying not to shop when hungry, as I find I always make a stop for chocolate or at the bakery.

Reactions: 2 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I seem to have totally lost my sweet tooth since starting on low carb: doughnuts and sweets hold no attraction for me at all, but I still crave chocolate every now and then - but I always preferred dark chocolate, so I also go for the 85% stuff, though I've found my new favourite is really smooth and creamy with no bitterness - Ritter Sport Extra Fine dark chocolate - it's 25g of carb per 100g, but unlike normal Ritter sport, it's got 36 smaller squares, so you could theoritically eat less of it.

Ahhh but does the theory work in practice?:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Mauser792

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Idiots
Hello
I too found Lindt 90% chocolate but be careful it is addictive and you can soon get out of control
I am now chocolate free and hope to stay that way its too easy to fall back into old habits by starting as
a treat it soon escalates.

spam

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
If you want to indulge and not feel guilty, track down Lindt 90% - just 14g per 50g bar, or like me the 99% chock Lindt. 4g per bar and 20 cubes per bar and so rich. I bar will last me a week, so under 1g per day:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

2/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 120/72, 11st 11lbs, waist 30" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.

4/6/16: Best BP 112/64....yeah!!

that's good you must have great willpower will try your chocolate tip been type 2 for 18 months did good at first find it harder now lost 3 stone in 1st 8 months but stuck got back on chocolate and finding it hard to give up it triggers my sweet tooth having some trials so that makes it harder so p[eased you are doing so well thanks for the inspiration

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
that's good you must have great willpower will try your chocolate tip been type 2 for 18 months did good at first find it harder now lost 3 stone in 1st 8 months but stuck got back on chocolate and finding it hard to give up it triggers my sweet tooth having some trials so that makes it harder so p[eased you are doing so well thanks for the inspiration

Thanks for the encouragement, but I realise it's early days for me and like most people I am selectively self disciplined:)

Started my first 4 days fast 7 pm last night....so far so good....fasting seems to be one of those selectively self disciplined routines I can do:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app