Chocolate Powder anyone?

budhi76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I’ve seen this nutrition fact in one of choco powder product. It contains high portion of carbs.

Does anyone ever tried to consume this kind of thing?

IMG_3651.jpg

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’d prefer to look for one that doesn‘t contain ‘synthetic flavour’. Better for you and likely fewer carbs. Lidl do a good and cheap one which is about 8g carb / 100g.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The one I buy (Droste) has cocoa powder as the only ingrediënt and 11.1 grams of carbs per 100g.

Reactions: budhi76

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Or one from Menier - just pure cocoa powder, with a very tiny bit less carbs at 11.0g.

I use it for making hot drinks, in baking, and mix with cream, crème fraiche or Greek yoghurt, with a little erythritol to eat with berries.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I just use cocoa powder with a mix of fullfat milk, double cream and water. Slowly reducing the milk and increasing the cream and water instead.

Reactions: filly

budhi76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I just use cocoa powder with a mix of fullfat milk, double cream and water. Slowly reducing the milk and increasing the cream and water instead.

Thank you Tricia,

Still struggling to figure out daily intake to keep my weight for not dropping.

Need 2200 calories per day from the recommendation.

budhi76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Or one from Menier - just pure cocoa powder, with a very tiny bit less carbs at 11.0g.

I use it for making hot drinks, in baking, and mix with cream, crème fraiche or Greek yoghurt, with a little erythritol to eat with berries.

Thank you Robbity, still need to figure out how to fullfill recommended 2200 calories per day

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you Tricia,

Still struggling to figure out daily intake to keep my weight for not dropping.

Need 2200 calories per day from the recommendation.
Making your hot chocolate with cream instead of milk is a pretty efficient way to increase calories.

• Agree
Reactions: Robbity
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, that's interesting ... I usually stay away from these types of cocoa powders. I use the ones with 100% cocoa, no sugar or other additives. I use it with milk, add a little agave syrup and cinnamon and it tastes amazing. I've been using Navitas recently (the little bag goes a long way). I don't know why I cant link to it here, it tells me my content is spammy ... but you can find it at iHerb or Wholefoods.

• Informative
Reactions: Antje77