Chocolate???

davey b

I can also recommend the Aldi dark chocolate. Recently though, I've been getting Tesco's 74% Ivory Coast dark chocolate. 2 squares every night as a treat - 6.6carbs & 5.4 sugar.

anniwoo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
beetroot, Simon Cowell and spiders
Being a chocoholic and craving for chocolate most of the day not having it is really really hard.
Personally, so long as I have been extremely strict with my eating and my levels are good, I allow myself a freddo (a mini cadbury bar in the shape of a frog) on a sunday but only if my levels are good. If not, I end up not having it which as a confirmed addict, is awful.
I seriously think it is a question of portion size. Allowing a small piece once a week is like a blooming godsend!
I have my Freddo on a Friday! Can't wait!!

anniwoo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being a chocoholic and craving for chocolate most of the day not having it is really really hard.
Personally, so long as I have been extremely strict with my eating and my levels are good, I allow myself a freddo (a mini cadbury bar in the shape of a frog) on a sunday but only if my levels are good. If not, I end up not having it which as a confirmed addict, is awful.
I seriously think it is a question of portion size. Allowing a small piece once a week is like a blooming godsend!

anniwoo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I have my Freddo on a Friday! Can't wait !!

sagarg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Of all the foods I miss (and there are so many) it is chocolate I miss the most.

I allow myself the occasional luxury of:

- party size aero (5g carbs)
- party size choc button (8g carb)

What about the so-called zero carb chocolates I have seen advertised. Am I correct in thinking that these are little more than tasty laxatives?

Any other good chocolate suggestions?

Hello,
So sorry their is no other alternative for chocolate...

zazoopits

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What about Atkins bars? As a newbie type two I've been having half of one in the evening with a few nuts. Are they bad for us? Should I stick to a couple squares dark choc instead?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App