Chocolates

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Yes ,I'll offer to save you from yourself as well!:)

Knowledge is the key to control

martinbuchan

Sad Announcement

The Neuhaus sugar free chocs are great, but have Maltitol on the ingredients list. Will give them to someone I don't like.

Marty B

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
I would offer up myself for sacrifice.............

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Helenwales</i>
<br />They look very nice but too expensive for me i shall stick to Thorntons diabetic chocolate much cheeper.:)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Can you please tell me where to buy Thorntons diabetic chocolate in London? I live in Toronto, Canada but will be visiting my family in NW London for the month of April. There's a Waitrose nearby & I'm not too far from Brent X & other major shopping places. What's the price of this chocolate? Many thanks ...

Gloria Goodman
[email protected]

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
To the anonymous poster who forgot to log in - a word of warning. Thorntons Diabetic chocolates come with a warning that they can have a laxative effect. This means that they have substituted the normal sugar content with a sugar-alcohol (maltitol, xylitol or sorbitol).

<b>These substitutes contain exactly the same carbohydrates as sugar so will have the same effect on your blood glucose as pure sugar.</b>

If you still want to buy them then here is a link to their site.
http://www.thorntons.co.uk/ThorntonsSit ... ollection/
They supply by mail order as well as their retail stores. The site includes a store locator.

whitemare

Type of diabetes
LADA
I have been told that one choccy a day will help lower high blood pressure, which I suffer from.
Unfortuneately I can't eat chocolate, it is one of my migraine triggers, which is a real ******.:evil:

Whitemare

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
ONE choccy a day!!!!!!!!No way could I stop at one!!!Therefore I try and stay away from then altogether:evil::evil::(

Et2

Hi all

I'm a bit late coming into this scrummy subject. Having been a member of Hotel chocolate for 4 years (I received a box every 3 months) It is expensive but worth it. Now I am diabetic (not as a result of the chocolate eating) I developed gestational diabetes when pregnant with my daughter (it's her fault)

At christmas i tried a box of the low sugar chocolates and enjoyed every minute of them. Ate a couple every night after dinner.

I agree everything in moderation

xylitol is only slowly absorbed and partially utilized, 2.4 calories per gram or 40% less than other carbohydrates. xylitol is also a little kinder to your tums than other sweetners.
It also inhibits the production of plaque on your teeth, leading to a reduction in tooth decay. (scientific bit over - I must leave the day job at work)

Take Care - Ev