Choice of pumps for April

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
My Accu-Chek Insight expires end of April and I’ve got a choice of 3

Medtronic 640g

Accu-Chec insight

Ypsopump

I’ve ruled out the Medtronic as it just doesn’t appeal to me

The Ypsopump is a new on the block, is anyone on this? What’s it like etc, I know it takes 1.6ml Novarapid pumpcart pre filled cartridges which I’m using at present. It’s compatible with the LIBRA via the app, I’ve printed out some information but there’s nothing like personal experience.

I spoke to ROCHE who supply the accu-Chek insight as usual extremely helpful and one question I asked had they improved the speed of the handset which has been upgraded.

But she mentioned a new pump well it was meant to be out a few years ago it’s call the solo it’s quicker and smaller and lighter.

Is anyone already on this ? How you finding it and what are the pro’s and cons, only information would be great thanks.

It has a six month implant and works with Bluetooth

Their putting together an email all about it before I choose

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @masonbason63, Might be worth seeing when the Tandem Slim x2 will be reaching your shores.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Hi kitedoc, thanks for the info I’ve printed a lot of info about the Tandem to read over the weekend looks interesting, the problem I foresee is the Diabetes Clinic have only offered s selection of 3, I’m already am a staunch Accu Chek user/fan but the Solos looking promising but the clinic only have the insight on the list, I don’t know about you my pump is like my phone, I like to upgrade and have a change of gadget.

Staying with the insight just seems wrong not because it’s not a good pump but I want a bit of pazzazz. So there’s the Ypsopump look very bland and old fashioned to me. But I’m awaiting some information.

Obviously whatever I want to go with I’ve got to convince the powers that be it’s the right pump for me

Reactions: kitedoc

steveo4

Like yourself my Accu chek insight is due to expire in May and I was offered a week's trial of the ypsomed my life pump but I turned it down once I was shown it. Although I read good reviews about it I felt that it wasn't user friendly and also unlike the insight there was no handset. Instead of technology going forward I felt that it's going backwards with this pump. I was only offered the choice of 2 pumps so I'll be sticking with the insight.

Reactions: kitedoc