Cholesterol down .. yippee !

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
That's great news as it has taken me 20+ years to get mine down to 3.6 as got my results for the diabetic clinic today and they are high for some things and that is the only thing that is low on it but I had a bad flu when they took the bloods and it was affecting my balance so that is how bad the flu was

Reactions: Prem51

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In only 8 weeks my cholesterol has gone from 7 down to 4 - well chuffed - go me

I guess that is from just not eating carbs isn´t it ?

well mine went from 6.5 to around 4.5 in 3 month , just from not eating as many carbs anylonger

goosey39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done, i had to ring to get mine for DESMOND course:rolleyes: she gave me this
Cholesterol HDL 1.6 ldl 3.6 and RATIO 3.7 , i have no clue about if they are good , bad or indifferent ;) apart from i know doc wanted to put me on tablets and i said no , so assumed they were bad

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha

well mine went from 6.5 to around 4.5 in 3 month , just from not eating as many carbs anylonger
Statins and diet

Reactions: Prem51

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, i had to ring to get mine for DESMOND course:rolleyes: she gave me this
Cholesterol HDL 1.6 ldl 3.6 and RATIO 3.7 , i have no clue about if they are good , bad or indifferent ;) apart from i know doc wanted to put me on tablets and i said no , so assumed they were bad

HDL range 1.2 to 3.5
LDL range 0 to 3
Triglyceride range 0 to 1.7

Which ratio was yours? There are more than one.

goosey39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
HDL range 1.2 to 3.5
LDL range 0 to 3
Triglyceride range 0 to 1.7

Which ratio was yours? There are more than one.
I dont know :( i asked for the reading as the letter said needed HBa1c /LDLand HDL , the lady i spoke to on the phone said do you need your ratio? i said its not asking for it but might as well incase they ask me, so she gave that

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I dont know :( i asked for the reading as the letter said needed HBa1c /LDLand HDL , the lady i spoke to on the phone said do you need your ratio? i said its not asking for it but might as well incase they ask me, so she gave that

Well ask for a print out of the test results. All the details will be on there, plus any other tests you may have had (liver and kidney functions etc.) If you ring the surgery and ask there should be no problem.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Hi @Freema

You don't have to completely avoid carbs to have good cholesterol levels, I'm a type 1 and eat on average 150-180g of carbs a day, over the last 6 years my TC has been between 3.5 - 4.3 (current TC is 4.1) and Trigs 0.5 - 0.8 (current Trigs is 0.5).

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi @Freema

You don't have to completely avoid carbs to have good cholesterol levels, I'm a type 1 and eat on average 150-180g of carbs a day, over the last 6 years my TC has been between 3.5 - 4.3 (current TC is 4.1) and Trigs 0.5 - 0.8 (current Trigs is 0.5).

Yes, mine's good, and I certainly eat carbs.

Saturated fat pushes mine through the roof though.