Cholesterol - help to understand results

Buzzer81

Hi all,

Further to reducing my hba1c from 91-46 in three months, I have now got some cholesterol results.

However, due to the chaos at my local gps, I only have the results the receptionist read to me and then a doctor text me to say my cholesterol was 7.17 and is now 5.15 which is good and to continue diet and retest in 3 months.

However the receptionist told me mu results were...
HDL 1.59
LDL 3.1
Serum 3.2

And she flagged a borderline on liver function, which the doctor hasn’t mentioned.

So two things really, are those cholesterol levels ok generally, or ok in relation to my previous test?

Do you think a borderline liver function result is something I should follow up with them urgently? My doctor didn’t mention it so assume it’s fine and I don’t want to stretch resources any further then I already am.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

M

Member496333

Worrying about cholesterol is pure folly. Unless your trigs are mega high, then don’t worry about it unless you actually have heart disease. Cholesterol fear is a joke at this point.

In my humble but honest opinion, anyway.

Buzzer81

Worrying about cholesterol is pure folly. Unless your trigs are mega high, then don’t worry about it unless you actually have heart disease. Cholesterol fear is a joke at this point.

In my humble but honest opinion, anyway.

Thanks Jim, that was the mindset I had for the vast majority of the last few months, especially after reading the diabetes code. But I had a sudden feeling of.... ‘what is Fung is wrong?’

So much is said about cholesterol I became concerned I might be hurting myself, even though I don’t eat that much I am eating way more bacon and nuts. However, I feel reassured these results are ok and going well so I’ll continue, and hope to get my levels down to below 42mmol next test!

Reactions: Member496333