Cholesterol ?

slipper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried my own form of low carb, less bread etc more fat and my cholesterol went from 4.6 to 5.8 in 4 months, I did lose 4lbs though.

So if on the full blown low carb diet, is higher cholesterol likely.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Possibly and possibly for a short period while your body adapts to running on fat. However as neither of those levels is concerning and without having a full lipid panel the numbers are simply numbers my question is - are you worried and if so why?

Reactions: slipper

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Sometimes. For some people, temporarily. Here's why in under four minutes.

Reactions: Prem51 and slipper

slipper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Possibly and possibly for a short period while your body adapts to running on fat. However as neither of those levels is concerning and without having a full lipid panel the numbers are simply numbers my question is - are you worried and if so why?
Thanks bulkbiker, I wasn't worried but my GP said he would like to increase statins and type 2s should be below 4.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks bulkbiker, I wasn't worried but my GP said he would like to increase statins and type 2s should be below 4.
Increase? Does that mean you are already taking them? So far as I am aware NICE have dropped the below 4 requirement for Type 2's hopefully partly because it was a completely made up number anyway with no science to support it. Maybe ask your GP to read the recommendations again.

slipper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sometimes. For some people, temporarily. Here's why in under four minutes.
Thats a good explanation Guzzler thanks, the fact we are dumping whats been sitting there. Not heard that before.

Reactions: Prem51

slipper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Increase? Does that mean you are already taking them? So far as I am aware NICE have dropped the below 4 requirement for Type 2's hopefully partly because it was a completely made up number anyway with no science to support it. Maybe ask your GP to read the recommendations again.
"fraid so, minimal dose mind.