Christmas Cake

BenBob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, could I have the cake recipe please, up to now I have allowed myself a very small slice of my normal home made cake. Have spent a long time testing before and after to make sure my levels do not rise too much. :D :)

Sugarsmith

Dislikes
Done have any
WhitbyJet said:
Lenny3 said:
Thank you very Much WJ, I shall start gathering the ingredients for a trial run.

Lenny adapt the recipe to your own liking, eg if you dont want to add rum, use a mixture of more syrup and tea or play around with the spices or fruit content, double quantities for a bigger cake, etc
I decorate with marzipan, top it with nuts and gold dust over to make it look festive.

Please could I have a copy of the recipe. I am a bit concerned about the sugar in the rum and syrup though! Many thanks.

jumbleannie1VDJQ

Dislikes
Intolerance, airports, having to plan my meals
Last years cake was a disaster bs wise.Could you pass it to me too please. Promise I won't sread it around :shh:

Etty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks WJ. Is there a real food substitute for whey protein and gluten flour? More eggs maybe?

WhitbyJet

jumbleannie1VDJQ said:
Last years cake was a disaster bs wise.Could you pass it to me too please. Promise I won't sread it around :shh:

You can spread it around if you wanted to, just that I darent post it in the open forum in case I get landed with a law suit as well, its totally stupid, the recipe has not been stolen from anyone, my mother in law and I played around with the ingredients, it was our idea to do this.
As far as I am concerned anyone can have this recipe, it is definitely lower in carbs but just as nice as the higher carb versions.

WhitbyJet

patricia_williams1 said:
Please please could i have a copy of your fab christmas cake thanks x

Sent to your inbox, I hope you can access it because you have only made 2 posts so far?!

Sugarsmith

Dislikes
Done have any
Sugarsmith said:
WhitbyJet said:
Lenny3 said:
Thank you very Much WJ, I shall start gathering the ingredients for a trial run.

Lenny adapt the recipe to your own liking, eg if you dont want to add rum, use a mixture of more syrup and tea or play around with the spices or fruit content, double quantities for a bigger cake, etc
I decorate with marzipan, top it with nuts and gold dust over to make it look festive.

Please could I have a copy of the recipe. I am a bit concerned about the sugar in the rum and syrup though! Many thanks.

Unfortunately the recipe you PM to me the Forum wont let me open as I havnt done enough postings. How stupid is that. You come on here for help and advice and you cant get it. :? :( Can you email or who do I contact on this Forum to get that opened up. Anne