Christmas cookies low on the sugar?

maria030660

Dislikes
backstabbers, brocoli and dirt toilets...uggghhhh
Good morning from Ireland,

Soon it’s the Christmas cookies baking again. Usually I bake and glaze Christmas cookies for the grand children and I just keep some for ornaments but this year I would like to reduce the sugars. One of my grandsons (half of identical twin) looks like he will follow me and my daughter as a type 1. I don’t want him to feel left out (he is 6) but as the grandchildren love the glazed snowmen, baubles etc I tried to find another way, for instance using Splenda but I have no experience that way so your help is seriously valued.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
No idea about baking but maybe this recipe might help: https://www.dietdoctor.com/holiday-cookies

BTW, if thats you in your avatar pic then you look much, much too young to have grand children!!!

AND.... how interesting that one grandson of a pair of identical twins should follow you as a type 1 and not the other one.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

maria030660

Dislikes
Hi chock yes that’s me in the pic. I suppose eating healthy for decades paid of , for what is weird about max my grandson type 1 only seemed to have affected females so far in our family so he will be the first boy

maria030660

Dislikes
I will check out the recipes. It will be good for all the kids actually to go less on the sugar this Christmas

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You might also like to look at alternative sweetener type icing sugars such as Sukrin Icing or Natvia Icing Mix both of which would be suitable. (NB they'll say something like 100g carbs on packaging but they are not digestible so won't affect glucose levels...:))

You could also try ground almonds in place of normal flour, and Sukrin also sell various low carb flours, e.g. coconut, sesame.

Robbity