Christmas gifts with unusual twists....

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Has anyone received an unusual Christmas gift....and if so what was it...

My gift relates to one received last year (2017) from my youngest son.....in his early twenties and on the lookout for novel or unusual gifts he decided to give me a jigsaw puzzle....perhaps not that unusual you may think but he decided to give me just the bag of puzzle pieces without the box (and accompanying picture) with the clue “it has a lot of windows”....

...up for the challenge I set to work and managed to put some pieces together....and fortunately also managed to find the name of the manufacturer on one edge of the sides.....a visit to Mr Google enabled me to search and find what I thought was ‘the picture’....thought this showed initiative but son regarded it as ‘cheating’....on a subsequent visit he gave me the box / picture...

...perhaps at this point this doesn’t seem that unusual until you hear the next bit....

...when sorting out some boxes of items preparing rooms for my sons visit this Christmas I came across a box of old jigsaw puzzles only to discover that I already had the EXACT SAME jigsaw puzzle still in its original box with shrink wrapping still intact....I had probably purchased this some fifteen or so years ago and it had been put away in a cupboard ever since...

...what are the chances of my son buying the exact same puzzle from a charity shop ( I know that is where he bought it)...

....of all the puzzles in all of the charity shops what was the chance of him picking THAT one....:wideyed:....talk about coincidences....:)

Reactions: Robinredbreast

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@Molly56 not sure if this is an unusual twist but they made me want to
2018-12-26 12.16.58.jpg
weep

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I usually end up with the same Christmas card every year from my eldest. She either likes the picture a lot or cant be bothered to try different stores.

I dont care, at least she bought me one