Chuffed!

Fraddycat

Hi everyone, just want to share! My first HBA1c since starting to do the LCHF thing ... 6.3! My lowest ever reading since diagnosis and well on the way to the 5% club which is where I want to be!!

Had an interesting meeting with a student dietician today (supervised by the regular dietician) - at the request of my GP. I felt it was my duty to tell her about LCHF and to challenge the accepted Eatwell Plate. She told me under 7% BG was excellent control but I told her I was aiming for below 6, she told me I have to eat carbs for energy, I told her I've got bags of energy and haven't had a starchy carb for 3 months. I raised the fact that the Swedish Healthcare system is using LCHF to treat diabetics successfully, why is the NHS still advocating the standard Eatwell Plate? The regular dietician told me the Eatwell Plate comes from Diabetes UK and not from the NHS, and I took great pleasure in saying 'sponsored by Kellogs and Astra Zenica'. My hope is that I gave this new dietician a different viewpoint and made her think a little more about what they suggest us diabetics should be eating.

Anyway, well chuffed, I couldn't have done it without all of your support, give yourselves a pat on the back!

Happy Friday, People!

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !
Nice one Fraddycat !
The NHS,Dieticians et al will be first aginst the wall when it is finally realised just HOW wrong they all are !

Up the people !

LCHF Tooting popular front !

Fraddycat

Superchip said:
Nice one Fraddycat !
The NHS,Dieticians et al will be first aginst the wall when it is finally realised just HOW wrong they all are !

Up the people !

LCHF Tooting popular front !

Love it! :clap: :clap:

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Fraddycat said:
Hi everyone, just want to share! My first HBA1c since starting to do the LCHF thing ... 6.3! My lowest ever reading since diagnosis and well on the way to the 5% club which is where I want to be!!

Had an interesting meeting with a student dietician today (supervised by the regular dietician) - at the request of my GP. I felt it was my duty to tell her about LCHF and to challenge the accepted Eatwell Plate. She told me under 7% BG was excellent control but I told her I was aiming for below 6, she told me I have to eat carbs for energy, I told her I've got bags of energy and haven't had a starchy carb for 3 months. I raised the fact that the Swedish Healthcare system is using LCHF to treat diabetics successfully, why is the NHS still advocating the standard Eatwell Plate? The regular dietician told me the Eatwell Plate comes from Diabetes UK and not from the NHS, and I took great pleasure in saying 'sponsored by Kellogs and Astra Zenica'. My hope is that I gave this new dietician a different viewpoint and made her think a little more about what they suggest us diabetics should be eating.

Anyway, well chuffed, I couldn't have done it without all of your support, give yourselves a pat on the back!

Happy Friday, People!

:clap: :clap: :clap: Ooooooh well done YOU! It only takes a little information delivered in the right way at the right time to make someone stop and think - and you've done it. Why, I wonder is the NHS taking it's cues from Diabetes UK and not from it's own findings? Could it be laziness, disinterest, apathy?

Fraddycat for President!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done you !

My heart 'glows' a little every time I read a story like yours.
And well done with the dietician !

That deserves two rounds :clap: :clap: :clap: and :clap: :clap: :clap:

Geoff ( :wave: from neighbouring Bucks)

KennyS

Very Well Done Indeed! :clap: :clap: :clap:

It is interesting to note that in a thread the other day, the discussion was about how the doctors take their cues from the diabetic nurse as they are supposedly more knowledgeable about the in's and out's of diabetes.... now we find that the nurses education is referenced from a for profit web site sponsored by the very people who educated us right into all of these metabolic abnormalities in the first place.

Nicely delivered.... I fear I am much less tactful......

Kenny :thumbup:

Defren

Brilliant job, I am thrilled for you. Well done passing along the LCHF message, it is getting out there bit by bit. :clap: :clap: :clap:

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity

LouiseW

Congratulations Fraddycat!! I too am glad to find such support for LCHF here -- it is most definitely the way my body likes to be fed too.

Fraddycat

Icing on the cake is that the nurse has just reduced my metformin dose to 2 x 500 a day! Still on the lisinopril but planning to target that for the next check.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Fraddycat said:
Icing on the cake is that the nurse has just reduced my metformin dose to 2 x 500 a day! Still on the lisinopril but planning to target that for the next check.

Well done Frad ... there's nothing like a success story to build up the morale! :D

angua

Fraddycat said:

Very well done Fraddy :clap: :clap: :clap:

It will be absolutely amazing if you could bring your meds down further - go you !

but spare a thought for the poor nurse - she must be all at sea :lol: :lol: :lol: