Circulation

hybrid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi! i'M having major problems with my left foot - below the ankle my foot is purple , big toe white pains in calf & my GP tells me not to worry , ( pulses are good , although toes feel as if they are frozen in ice , my left leg is also fused at the knee , i also have severe oedema in both legs & it is getting far too painful to walk , any help would be appreciated .
jg

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I think in your position I'd be getting someone to take me to the nearest A&E.

Viv 8)

C

catherinecherub

Dear Hybrid,

This is a dangerous situation and I concur with Viv, get to A@E. If this is not a possibility then ring NHS Direct.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Agree with both Viv and Catherine and suggest you go to A & E and get this checked over, I can't believe that your gp said ''not to worry'' and I suggest you change doctors asap.

Nigel

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
And let us know what happens - thinking of you! :D

Viv 8)

hybrid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Viv , & thank you to all who answered me , I went to the Hospital yesterday & saw a Doctor who is part of the Diabetes team & as well as getting me an appointment with a Vascular Surgeon is also writing to my GP Practise to ask what they are playing at ! A bit of good news my HB1AC is down to 8.5% from 10.9% three months ago .
The young lady doctor I saw yesterday was lovely & very concerned as she told me what could happen if these problems weren't seen to Amputation being one of them , I care as much as I can regarding my diabetes & eat a good diet etc but I also have Klinefelter Syndrome which causes me multiple problems & the diabetes is hormonal not via obesity , I also have severe mobility problems which considerably limit exercise but I will never give up fighting & being positive .
I will keep you informed as to what occurs , thank you
john .

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Glad you've seen someone and they're looking after you. Keep in touch!

Viv 8)