CK

Beav

Dislikes
Alcohol
hello, had a blood test a few days back and got told I need another one due to abnormal CK level. I do a lot of weight training and they think this is the case. I used to lift weights mon/wed/fri but recently started going mon/tue thur/fri. I have a mate who is a personal trainer and he said you can grow well (muscle) on just a 2x a week training routine so I have changed to this in the past week. As I want to lose some fat I am biking a 5mile bike ride 3 to 4 times a week (hence cutting the weight sessions to 2x) I am a bit worried obviously as its my health. Does anyone else know of an abnormal level of CK from weight training? (please dont worry me, lol) I have a another blood test in 1 month. I had a heavy gym session the night before the blood test as well.

~Thanks

benedict

Administrator
Do your health team know you do weight training? -I expect it's probably more-or-less obvious but may help to make them aware anyway.

Beav

Dislikes
Alcohol
On the blood test results she did put "gym work?". Yes they are aware. The nurse who did my blood test worried when I said I train weights 4 a week and try and bike the 5mile 3 times a week. Ive started to lift weights less now but cardio is 4x a week. (My mate is a personal trainer and he did said theres no need to train 4x a week unles your on steroids as your body doesnt have enough time to repair). When I was doing a 4x a week split my sets were to failure so my muscles were going through a lot.