Closed loop help

joanne75

So I am still sitting on the fence about pumps but I would really like one to close loop or as close as!

from what I can gather you can have the
780g and guardian
Omnipod + Dexcom+ orangelink not ideal as I’m not a tech person

Dana RS + cams fx but my local hospital do not offer this one.

Any advice?
Could I change to another local hospital 20miles
Away that do the Dana?

any other pumps/systems any advice please?
Thanks

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There are other pumps that provide closed loop such as the Medtrum.
Do you have agreement from your hospital that you qualify for a pump? If not the thought of closed loop or not is academic.
My advice would be to get your current team on side for a pump and then find out what pumps they offer rather than what they don't.
You can then discuss your thoughts and requirements with them and take their advice.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
or tandem tslim control iq with dexcom??

joanne75

There are other pumps that provide closed loop such as the Medtrum.
Do you have agreement from your hospital that you qualify for a pump? If not the thought of closed loop or not is academic.
My advice would be to get your current team on side for a pump and then find out what pumps they offer rather than what they don't.
You can then discuss your thoughts and requirements with them and take their advice.

Sorry yes should have said I have been on the Omnipod for 4yrs and it’s time for me to change pumps if I want to so just looking for advice as my hospital only support 780g and Omnipod so my other question was can I change trusts to get more of a choice ‍♀️

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I would self fund the Dexcom but my trust do not support the tslim unfortunately
Then from what I understand the 780 with guardian is the next best.... at least it works without that link in the middle... problem with omnipod it it only the old pad so far that can be looped... I know omnipod are working to phase out the old pods