Closed Loop System

Dustydog

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi. I’ve been as diabetic for over 60 years so as you can imagine had various forms of insulin treatment. My question is that I understand that I can self fund a closed loop system. The NHS fund my pump but I seem to hit a bit of a stumbling blog when asked does this closed loop system work with my Ypso pump? Has anyone any experience of this closed system that they could share with me please?

Thanks ever so in advance.

Reactions: jasonbailey

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I know little about pumps, and only a passing interest in closed loop systems, but there have been a number of articles on desang.net on the subject and the name Ypso has been mentioned, I think.

Bit of a long shot but take a look.

Reactions: Dustydog

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
In most cases

The ‘hybrid closed loop’. Is part of the pump itself which pair with a cgm

Available options in the uk are
Tandem
Medtronic
And the new omnipod 5

Older software based closed loop systems which are not approved but you can build and install on your phone.. for example ‘loop’ for the iPhone work on alder pumps like the original omnipod eros.. I think Dana also has a compatible pump

From my reading the yspsomed pump are more basic and not supported

Reactions: Dustydog

jasonbailey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I can confirm that Ypsopump definitely works in a hybrid closed loop with Dexcom G6 and CamAPS app. Currently only runs on certain Android phones but I understand that iOS support is coming.

I've been using CamAPS since August and it's a great system but has a real learning curve. I was always taught with a pump system, the more you put in the more you get out. Training day on CamAPS, the message was, leave it to do its thing. It works!!

Still working on improvements and tweaks to the set up but it's all moving in the right direction
Screenshot_20230813-125316.jpg

Reactions: Picci

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi

I can confirm that Ypsopump definitely works in a hybrid closed loop with Dexcom G6 and CamAPS app. Currently only runs on certain Android phones but I understand that iOS support is coming.

I've been using CamAPS since August and it's a great system but has a real learning curve. I was always taught with a pump system, the more you put in the more you get out. Training day on CamAPS, the message was, leave it to do its thing. It works!!

Still working on improvements and tweaks to the set up but it's all moving in the right direction View attachment 62611

Hi there,
I’ve been closed looping with Ypsomed/CamAPS FX since March too. I was the only person due a pump upgrade to choose Ypsomed. It’s a good little pump and the bonus for me was that it takes novo rapid pump cartridges!