Codefree Monitor - E-1 error

jon200

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

I've had my monitor a couple of days and tried doing the tests, but every time i insert the strip in the monitor, i get an E-1 error which according the the manual means either a defective strip or the strip is inserted incorrectly.

I'm pretty sure the strip is inserted correctly (face up, inserted in the direction of the arrows on the strip, so blood side out). I can't believe all of the 10 strips i've tried are all defective. Can anyone think of anything i may be doing wrong?

Thanks
Jon

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does the meter switch on properly and show the icon inviting the strip? Have you pushed the strip in well enough?

(I don't have my meter to hand, so I'm working from memory.)

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I only have had this once when I put a strip in that I had messed up first ( dropped it in water ) if I was you I would get intouch with the Codefree people .. Or who you purchased the meter from. You may have a faulty one .. The meter will bleep when it's ready for the strip

A

AnnieC

If the strip has been in the meter for to long before using it it will not work I think it is about 3 minutes

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Here is some helpful links( if your lucky) as you may have a bad batch of strips:
If you have questions, we are here to help.
Please contact SD Biosensor, Inc.
Tel : +82-31-300-0400
Fax : +82-31-300-0499 webside : www.sdbiosensor.com
Contact us
Sounds as if you have a a container of contaminated strips as you have tried the normal trouble shooters.
eg;
The test strip is defective,
damaged or inserted
incorrectly. Discard this
test strip and test again
using new test strip. See
Chapter 3 “2.Performing a
Blood Glucose Test

best of luck:)

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was also told that if you remove and refit the battery, this resets the unit which may solve the problem.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
gosh izzzi.. why did I not think of that the other night when I had my curry ...I would think jon will need a new pack of test strips now, if the used ones are left out they are unusable now. I got a little test test strip in my code free pack .. If jon got that as well he could try that now before removing the battery

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The only time I've had an E-1 result I hadn't put enough blood on the strip, by accident.

My dad had problems to start with, but then we realised he was applying blood to the top of the strip's blood channel, not the end of the strip. Since the channel is like a wee straw, you have to put the blood on the end, or it cannot suck up.

Hope that helps!