codefree monitor EBay

sooti

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I think for me it is just having something to get an idea of what my body is doing , i had asked my nurse for one based on the fact that on one blood test per year, maybe another if they want to monitor more closely i have no idea what is going on , it becomes out of sight out of mind, there's no focus. Then the first thing you're asked when you see another health professional is what are your blood sugars like at the moment, Reply ' how the hell do i know'. My current Hba1c was 8.8, the lowest it has been in 2 years is 6.6 . I need to take control , the GP wont give out monitors to T2 based on the assumption that it makes us obsessive and not necessary, but at the end of the day its my life and i have to do what makes me happy because it will my legs that will be lost not theirs and when they have finished telling me what is not necessary they can go to Costa coffee and have a hot chocolate and a large muffin for their breaks or go out for a meal and choose whatever they like and not have to think about it. So as the song says I'll do it my way. :)

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not sure if this is allowed but I'm selling my sd codefree monitor on ebay at the moment if anybody is interested.
Its item number 181074728052.
Should this breach forum rules please accept my apologies and remove this post.

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

sterling

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I entered hundreds of CodeFree readings over nine months into a spreadsheet accompanied by footnotes concerning diet and exercise.

I can now fairly accurately predit a reading at any time of day having regard for that that I have eaten and exercise that I have taken. The variability is quite small. Unfortunately, I am not getting into the low fives like others despite considerble efforts to do so. I anxiously await April's Hb1AC.

averagebloodglucose.gif

Finzi

sterling said:
I entered hundreds of CodeFree readings over nine months into a spreadsheet accompanied by footnotes concerning diet and exercise.

I can now fairly accurately predit a reading at any time of day having regard for that that I have eaten and exercise that I have taken. The variability is quite small. Unfortunately, I am not getting into the low fives like others despite considerble efforts to do so. I anxiously await April's Hb1AC.

averagebloodglucose.gif

Wow those figures are almost exactly the same as mine right down to the high-ish morning one! I've stopped bothering with the morning, because I figure what's the point, it's going to be seven something, there's nothing I can do about it, so why get depressed lol

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

kristalpark87

Well, thanks for sharing this information. I am diabetic 2 patient since 2 years and a regular insulin taker. i will use this for my disease.

Susiebabs

I'm a T2 who also has severe obstructive sleep apnoea I've just been in hospital for some minor surgery (on Tuesday). I was in overnight and as part of my obs they took my blood sugars every 2 hours - I used the opportunity to check my Codefree against their readings (I had it with me). Like others it became quite clear that my meter reads between 1 and 1.4 higher than the hospital tests. Given that I'm self funding strips I intend to continue using the Codefree for cheapness, but am comfortable now taking off 1 point from each reading.

Also delighted to say that my readings were consistently in the 5-6 range throughout the surgery and recovery. Partially a testament to my new(ish) conversion to LCHF and also to the great care I received. Though getting the caterers to provide something LCHF WAS a challenge, despite the support of the nursing staff!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App