Coffee Affecting Your Sugar Levels?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Since mid last week I have seen worse control than usual. This morning I was meeting up with a friend for coffee into lunch at the garden centre. Because I had FBG of 7.6 I didnt eat had an Americano with a little hot milk at 11.00 and again at 13.00. I cant abide cream. Just tested my BG at 7pm and its 5.1 despite not eating all day. Is it the coffee, the milk or just another bas day. I am completely well and happy btw.

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
Skipping meals is not a good idea your body adjusts to the normal pattern of meals you eat. If you skip a meal your body releases stored glucose. Many members report good success with planned fasting but that is different. A morning reading of 7.6 isn't exactly a disaster you can't micro manage how your body manages your blood glucose level spikes are normal.

Reactions: Speedbird

johnme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Skipping meals is not a good idea your body adjusts to the normal pattern of meals you eat. If you skip a meal your body releases stored glucose. Many members report good success with planned fasting but that is different. A morning reading of 7.6 isn't exactly a disaster you can't micro manage how your body manages your blood glucose level spikes are normal.

I can never get my morning bs below 6.5 and it’s usually 7 no matter what I ate the day before (includes “nothing”). I’ve just come to the conclusion my body is doing its own thing while I’m asleep.