Coffee or tea for a person with diabetes?

Geocacher

I'll drink anything with caffeine in it... it's the only vice I have left!

Strong tea or coffee to start the day, then at least one or two bottles of diet soda to make it through, and a nice normal cup of tea when I get home. The only concession I make is to use sweetener instead of sugar, as long as it's not saccharin or stevia it's not that bad.

Most of the flavoured instant coffees and coffee beans from Whittard are sugar free and with a bit of cream and sweetener make a passable substitute for Starbucks when I want to spoil myself. They also have flavoured green and black teas that are a nice treat, best to ckeck if they have dried fruit in them though because it will add a few carbs. Their peach flavoured tea is wicked good made as iced tea in the summer.

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Coffee. Especially in the morning to kick start my brain! When I'm sick I can't abide coffee and have to have tea. When I'm well I can't stand tea

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Tea - bit of a teapot on the quiet. When I'm out in a cafe or after a meal it's normally an espresso or americano. I also love my first cuppa of the day and the remainder ain't bad either :thumbup:

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
Coffee cannot get going unless had 2 cups first thing in morning

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Had my first cuppa tea with cream at 5am this morning, having my second one now at 6.57am. Absolutely love those morning cuppas, any I have later in the day aren't as enjoyable. In fact, I prefer to drink water and diet coke during the day. But those morning cuppas are just ... aaaaahhhh! :D

lukkymik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The opposites of above!!!!
On early shifts I need my black strong coffee to kick start me but have gone off tea since I moved to Reading from Middlesbrough??? No milk in either since they put coffee-mate in my tea in hozzy 29 years ago eeeeurgh!!! Will drink Yorkshire Tea back in Boro but generally its cold diet drinks to get me through the day....

Jessd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi
Just had a cup of tea with single cream in-not bad but much prefer a coffee with cream in,trouble is 1 isn't enough

minimimmimoo

Dislikes
rude and indecent people, depression, politics, hypos, hot weather and tooth ache.
For me, tea and coffee plus energy drinks are appetite suppressors so I tend to search for new exciting blends and flavours. At the moment I'm loving bourbon vanilla latte in the morning (with sweeteners and skimmed milk) and different black teas throughout the day included flavoured ones (especially strawberry) and in the evening I like to relax with a chai or a peppermint brew :yawn:

Djashe2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
uneducated and ignorant people with views on diabtes
Bourbon vanilla sounds nice where from? Im a coffee guy, cinnamon was recommended to reduce sugars so i go with that in most lattes or cappas :)

minimimmimoo

Dislikes
rude and indecent people, depression, politics, hypos, hot weather and tooth ache.
It's from a brand named Little's, I got it from Amazon. Ahmad tea is also a fantastic brand for all kind of brews. Oh yes, cinnamon is fantastic and a main component of Chai :)