Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It was creeping up into the 6 range by consuming it in tiny amounts continuously through the day, whereas a whole glass would leave me in the 4-5 range as usual. To be clear, I’m not suggesting it’s any different to snacking on bacon, just that in my eyes it proves that snacking is snacking regardless of the macro, and suboptimal :)

For me at least.

Not disagreeing here, you understand, but if I cut down on my creamed coffee I'm sure I'd start losing weight again. I struggled to stem weightloss for months and do not want to go there again.

M

Member496333

Not disagreeing here, you understand, but if I cut down on my creamed coffee I'm sure I'd start losing weight again. I struggled to stem weightloss for months and do not want to go there again.

I hear you, and I was just giving an extreme example. I’m talking like twelve coffee-sized portions of cream spread over a day. It’s not a call for people to moderate cream in their coffee. Far form it, I love it myself!

Really I probably shouldn’t have brought it up, but I was just fascinated to learn that, for me at least, ‘snacking’ throughout the day on cream seemed to be tantamount to snacking on food. In other words suboptimal between meals. It does make logical sense given the energy density of cream and given the assumption that the metabolism would quantify it as food. I guess I was just sharing my geeky findings rather than suggesting people watch what they put in their coffee :D

Normal service resumed. Sorry for unnecessarily complicating the topic :oops:

Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I hear you, and I was just giving an extreme example. I’m talking like twelve coffee-sized portions of cream spread over a day. It’s not a call for people to moderate cream in their coffee. Far form it, I love it myself!

Really I probably shouldn’t have brought it up, but I was just fascinated to learn that, for me at least, ‘snacking’ throughout the day on cream seemed to be tantamount to snacking on food. In other words suboptimal between meals. It does make logical sense given the energy density of cream and given the assumption that the metabolism would quantify it as food. I guess I was just sharing my geeky findings rather than suggesting people watch what they put in their coffee :D

Normal service resumed. Sorry for unnecessarily complicating the topic :oops:

No problem. We have to find what works for us as individuals. Here's a quandary though (without the wish to derail), I decided in my effort to stop weightloss by raising the fats and protein in my diet but having finally got over the 'need' to snack I didn't want to restart so had my extra protein with meals. I then learned that it is better to have small amounts of protein spread across the day to absorb fully/at max efficiency. So a choice had to be made. I had a lot of coffee while I was deliberating!

Reactions: Member496333

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I think without coffee my resultant stress levels would raise my blood sugar quite a bit :)