Coke zero as a treat

Dzialo

I read online that diet drinks are not advised because of the side effects it can cause but how about coke zero?? My friend tells me that's the best non sugar drink you'll find??

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It's down to personal taste, I prefer Pepsi Max

Type 2 diagnosed 24/01/2013.
Novomix 30, Victoza, metformin 2000mg sr (but not taking them as they play havoc with my insides,

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Coke zero and Pepsi max has the same sweeteners in them

Type 2 diagnosed 24/01/2013.
Novomix 30, Victoza, metformin 2000mg sr (but not taking them as they play havoc with my insides,

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
'the best non sugar drink you'll find' is good old tap water, but coke zero is fine but don't drink too much as it rots your teeth due to the acidity.

K

Kat100

I drink mine through a straw .....love a coke zero as a treat .....or a sugar free ginger beer ....Kat

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I assume the straw pushes the liquid beyond the teeth, just a guess :)

Reactions: 2 people

Dzialo

I read there's some dangerous chemical in all diet drinks but wanna know if the same goes for zero?

K

Kat100

Wow that's something new and helpful
Heard abt it re...dental hygiene and the effects of acid and juice so I do the same with all my drinks.....have done for years..
I might be a bit old for a straw now, but what is this age thing if it helps ......x

djphoto

I've been type 2 diabetic for ten years. The local tap water tastes like battery acid, and so I drink diet lemonade or ginger beer at the rate of about a two litre bottle a day. I've just had a full blood count done and everything is functioning beautifully. If there are any serious side effects, then they haven't affected me yet!

Reactions: 2 people